Monday, February 17, 2014

Psalm 78

The entire chapter of Psalm 78 is an awesome, poignant read.

Again and again they put God to the test; they vexed the Holy One of Israel.
They did not remember his power—the day he redeemed them from the oppressor, God did might wonders for his people, delivering them from slavery, setting them free to walk in his provision day and night.  However, they forgot to remember his goodness.


They were supposed to tell of God’s faithfulness in redeeming them to the next generation so that they too would walk with God.  But it says they did not believe in God or trust in his deliverance.

God is faithful to us, time and time again. We should write it down.  We need to share it with others (we overcome by the word of our testimony).  We have relay his goodness to our children.  We must not forget and we must not discount our salvation.

Those who forgot ended their days in futility and terror.

I don’t know about you, but I want to end my days full of purpose and vigor.  I want to end my days realizing the faithfulness and wonder of God.  I hope that I share this with others, and especially with my children.

Have you been redeemed?  Remember the power that set you free and tell it to your children.  Tell them daily of God’s love demonstrated in your life.

Don’t demand of God to grant you all of your cravings.  Instead, thank him for all of his provision. 


Read Psalm 78.

No comments:

Post a Comment