Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Then I Shall Know

I Corinthians 13:12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

I don’t know about you, but the mirror is not usually my friend.  It all depends on the lighting (the darker the better, right?), whether or not the mirror is made of good quality (we don’t want to look short and squatty), and if the mirror is cracked – forget about it!

We look into the mirror and see our physical reflection, with all of its flaws, or perhaps we see beauty as well.  But that sort of relationship is nothing like when someone takes our face into his hands and gazes at all of our imperfections, and loves us completely.

That’s what Jesus does.  And one day we too will see him face to face.  And our lives will be complete.

Those who see us here, see but a mere reflection of Christ’s love in us, because it’s often tainted with our own shortcomings, wounds, and agendas.  But he who fully knows us, he who created us, and he who completes us, will reveal all – one day.

I can hardly imagine the kind of love that looks at me, past all of the outward beauty and flaws that pass away, and loves the very soul of who I am, and who I am yet to be.

That excites me.


No comments:

Post a Comment