Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Passion

As Easter approaches in about six weeks, Christians start preparing for the time of remembrance of Jesus’ death and resurrection…the passion of Christ.

Actually, the passion and love of Jesus for his Father, is what led Jesus to the cross and kept him there, in obedience to his Father’s plan - the plan to rescue us from death.

John 14 says, You heard me say, ‘I am going away and I am coming back to you.’ If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. I have told you now before it happens, so that when it does happen you will believe. I will not say much more to you, for the prince of this world is coming. He has no hold over me, but he comes so that the world may learn that I love the Father and do exactly what my Father has commanded me.

See the last part of this passage?  Jesus loved the Father and it showed in his actions, by carrying out exactly what he had been commanded to do.

That’s what true passion for God is, that we love him so much we are willing to obey him in all of his commands.

The passion of Christ held him to the cross, and the passion of God for his son raised him for the dead.  That same passion God has for the entire world is ours…just for the asking.

Do you want to be passionately in love, and passionately loved? 

Remember Jesus and his work on the cross and remember the great love shown by that one act that affects your life for all eternity. 


Stir up your passion by remembering…

No comments:

Post a Comment