Thursday, February 13, 2014

I No Longer

Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Remember yesterday’s verse, and lesson?

Once we accept Christ as savior, our sin nature dies, and His new nature lives.  Of course we have old habits and thoughts that we have to change and take captive, but our nature is now to live as Christ lived – in sacrificial love for others.

God so loved the world that he gave his only son to die for me.  Recognize that verse?

God didn’t die for me just so I could be set free, but that the whole world could be set free.  He didn’t die for me just so I could escape the penalty of death, but that the whole world might live as well.

Christ lives in us.  Therefore, the life we now live is now geared for a life of love. We have all the gear (equipment) we need to live life loving others. 

We have the knowledge of the truth, we have His mercy that covers sin, we have grace to extend toward others, and we have the power that raised him from the dead living in us.


What more do we need, in order to love?

No comments:

Post a Comment