Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Tell the Story

Psalm 107 - Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.

Let the redeemed of the Lord tell their story—those he redeemed from the hand of the foe...


Yesterday’s devo reminded us to speak to others of our redemption story, how we were set free, and how God provides for us.

Here we see the imperative again – to tell our story.

My story is that I was raised going to church, and I got “saved” often because I was afraid I would go to hell if I didn’t.  So I’m not sure of an exact date of when I was “redeemed.”  I always believed Jesus, that he died for me, and I accepted him early in life.

But then I grew up and life became hard, and my faith was tested, big time.  My husband’s health declined, we were burglarized three times, experienced three fires in our home, our foundation cracked, a scorpion nest was found in our house, and pretty much every “theology” I knew was tested to the cracking point.

One day I laid everything down and asked myself, “What do I really believe and know?”  It came back to Jesus loved me, died for me, and lives now preparing a place for me.  And that was enough.

From that starting point, I then began to read and know the goodness and character of God in my life, saving me, blessing me, providing for me, guiding me, daily.

All of us will come to a breaking point in our lives, maybe more than once.  And we will have to choose what we believe about God.  We can give thanks because he is good, and share our story.  Or we can mumble and question, and limp through the years.

He has delivered us from our enemies.  God is so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment