Thursday, February 20, 2014

Swept Away

Isaiah 44: Remember these things, Jacob, for you, Israel, are my servant.
I have made you, you are my servant; Israel, I will not forget you. I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist.
Return to me, for I have redeemed you. Sing for joy, you heavens, for the Lord has done this; shout aloud, you earth beneath. Burst into song, you mountains, you forests and all your trees, for the Lord has redeemed Jacob,

 he displays his glory in Israel.

Remember, recall to mind, tell it to others, and know your God.  These are things we’ve been studying about for the past several days in these devotionals.

And here we are told to remember, once again.  Remember what?

I love the imagery here.  Isn’t it awesome to wake up to a cloudy morning, only to see the sun burn away the clouds by noon?  Or what about the times when we leave for work or head into town, through a dense thick fog, only to literally see it lifted before our eyes, and all is clear. 

God does that for us.  He “sweeps” away our sin so that what darkened our days, and obscured our path, is no longer present.

He has redeemed us!

Once we remember this, our hearts sing for joy, we shout aloud, all of the earth comes alive before us, as we see his glory.

Look at nature today and observe the wonder of the change from night to day, cloudy to sunshine, windy to still, and foggy to clear.  

Then give thanks as you remember the change that took place in your heart, as well, when you were redeemed.


No comments:

Post a Comment