Friday, June 21, 2013

Unbelief

…for they did not believe in God or trust in his deliverance. Yet he gave a command to the skies above and opened the doors of the heavens; he rained down manna for the people to eat… (Psalm 78)

This entire chapter is a stirring read, about God’s faithfulness, and the people and their unfaithfulness.

Over and over God provided for these people, giving them food when they were hungry and quenching their thirst when they were parched.  He even led them through a wall of water and “engulfed” their enemies behind them.  Yet they feared and doubted His faithfulness, and did not “trust in His deliverance.”

However…he continued to provide for all of their needs.  He knew they were weak and he had compassion time and time again.

Sometimes I feel “justified” for doubting God…because He didn’t come through for me like I thought He would.  And I realize there is no justification for doubting Him, because He’s God and I’m not.  I either choose to believe His ways are righteous and good always, and that he will deliver me from all those “who pursue me” or I sin by closing my fist and shaking it in His face.

This entire passage is a reminder of God’s faithful leading when we follow, and a stern warning to note…and trust…His undying care for those who love Him.


No comments:

Post a Comment