Saturday, June 15, 2013

His Name

Psalm 9:9, 10 - The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. Those who know your name trust in you,  for you, Lord, have never forsaken those who seek you.

Do you know His name?

When I hear the name of a person I know, immediately I have an image of their face, their personality, and how I feel about them.  Tell me the name of a celebrity and I can tell you whether or not I’ve seen them in the movies, and if I enjoyed their acting…or not.

Jesus is the name above all others, and if we know Him, just the mention of His name brings up all that He is.

In these verses it states He is a refuge…and a stronghold…a name in which we can trust.

If the storm is too much and the rain is too heavy, we can call on His name and He covers us with peace.  We may still see the rain, but we won’t slip away in the flood.  And if we still feel like we are losing ground, he is our stronghold – the one who grabs us and pulls us back to our feet.

And finally, we are reminded that he never forsakes those who seek Him.


Who are you seeking today?  Jesus is the Name.

No comments:

Post a Comment