Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Babbling On

Matthew 6 says, And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

I love all of these verses that reveal who our Father is.  He wants us to get out of the way, rest in Him, surrender to Him, and let Him do all the work.  What a Father He is…

Here in this passage He tells us not to babble, not to just use a bunch of words, when we pray.  Why?  Because in His attentiveness to his children, he already knows what we need before we ask Him.

I don’t know about you, but I know that I babble a lot. I come to Him, I’m worried, I’m scared, I’m confused, and I spill out a bunch of words that beg Him to rescue, to save, to heal, to help…and YET…

He doesn’t hear me because of the amount of words I use.  He hears my heart and knows my need before I even speak, because I’m his daughter.

I wish I could grasp this love of His – so that when I pray I spend more time praising – and not babbling.


No comments:

Post a Comment