Thursday, June 13, 2013

Look Around

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

Recently, I was driving down the road and wondering if I was pleasing God with a recent purchase I’d made, if I use my money in ways that He approves of, etc.  It’s funny, when I start wondering about how I fare in God’s eyes, I don’t use the endearing term of “Father,” but rather his stately address of “God.”  I come to Him already sure that He’s looking down on me, shaking his finger.

It was at this time I looked over and saw a field full of beautiful yellow flowers, and they were just standing there in the sun, doing nothing.  I gasped at their beauty.  And I realized, at least for a moment, that God, my Father, loves me.  He loves to just gaze on my beauty because I reflect the image of His Son.  He gasps when He sees me, too.

Wow. 

I’m more valuable than the birds of the air, as well, who are fed daily by my heavenly Father.  Much more valuable.


Wow.

If you don't have an earthly father that loves to hang out with you, look in your face, and gaze at your beauty - your heavenly Father does - so hang out with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment