Monday, June 10, 2013

Perfection

Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

This is a tall order.  One we are unable to deliver.  So why are we told to do it?

In another verse in the NT, we are told to be holy, because He is holy.

Perfection is not something I personally want to even strive for, because I know I’ll fail.  And even if I do achieve perfection by my own efforts, I’m pretty sure I will be proud of what I've done and then…of course…I will no longer be perfect anymore.

The only way we can achieve perfection, or holiness, is by allowing Jesus to do it through us.  When he works perfection in our hearts and attitudes towards others, and when His holiness purges all of what’s unholy out of us…perfection is the result.  And that kind of perfection only points to the One who is perfect.  He gets all the glory.

Our Father is perfect.  He loves those who are unlovable.  There is no darkness in Him at all.  He is light.  He is love. He is holy.

And I can’t even wrap my mind around it, but we are in the process of becoming like Him, in His image, if we invite Jesus into our lives to start the process. 


Here’s to perfection…

No comments:

Post a Comment