Monday, June 17, 2013

Put it There

Psalm 25 says, “In you, Lord my God, I put my trust.

The word “put” just jumped off the page at me.  I have a choice of where to put my trust, and it’s within my ability to place it where I will.

If I put my trust in people, I will be disappointed.  People fail, because they’re human.  People die.  People move away.  People are people.

If I put my trust in my own strength, I will fail.  My strength is limited.  My strength varies from day to day.  And my strength can be outdone by someone who is stronger.

If I put my trust in stuff, I will never have enough to keep me happy.  The stuff will acquire dust, it will fade in the sun, and it will break if I drop it or something falls on it.  In fact, stuff can be stolen and taken away from me.
But…

If I put my trust in Him, if I stand up and raise my arms and surrender it all to the LORD MY GOD, and if I put it there and leave it – I can rest.


Put your trust in the Lord.  Make the decision to let it all go.  And rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment