Saturday, May 21, 2016

Where?


Ps 139:7-10 

Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend to heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in Sheol, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the dawn,
If I dwell in the remotest part of the sea,
Even there Your hand will lead me,
And Your right hand will lay hold of me.


What a comfort these verses are.

Have you ever been afraid because you lost the one you were with, either a friend, your child, or the party you came with?  It’s scary!  Especially, if you’re in an unfamiliar place.

There’s nowhere we can go where his presence is not with us.  That’s amazing, that’s comforting, and that’s reassuring that we will never be lost, never alone, never forsaken, and never left without direction.

Even if…we run and flee and dwell in places he does not take us…he pursues us and leads us if we will just grab his hand that is laying hold of us.


I want to lay back and close my eyes and think on these verses for a while today.  

What an awesome God we serve, who loves us like this!

No comments:

Post a Comment