Wednesday, May 18, 2016

He Knows

I’m going to hang on Ps 139 for a few days:

O Lord, You have searched me and known me.
You know when I sit down and when I rise up;
You understand my thought from afar.
You scrutinize my path and my lying down,
And are intimately acquainted with all my ways.


There’s no one like our God who knows us like he does, who knows our every move, our every thought, our every way.

That’s amazing, that someone who knows that much about us loves us and wants to be with us, and wants to enjoy our presence, too.

He searches us and knows every foul and evil thought we’ve ever had, every angry word we’ve ever said, and every fist we’ve ever raised in anger and frustration to him.

In fact, he’s “intimately acquainted” with us.
In fact, he searches the deep parts of our souls.
In fact, he knows our dreams when we are sleeping.


I want to be in the presence of a personal God like that, who’s got my back, who knows all that I need and all that I am, and who speaks to me friend to friend, father to daughter, King to princess, and Savior to sinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment