Tuesday, May 3, 2016

The Presence

Genesis 3:8 They heard the sound of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.

I am about to begin a study on His presence.  I recently finished studying prayer and realized that we really need to long for his presence more than his answers.  And I realized that some days I’d rather have the answers, and I’d rather have lots of things…over his presence.  

So why do I not long for his presence? I want to find out.

In this first verse with the word “presence” we see it mentioned in the context of Adam and Eve hiding after they had disobeyed God – away from his presence.  Prior to their disobedience, they enjoyed his presence in the garden, and now they avoided it.

Sin will do that.  Disobedient children hide from their parents, hoping they won’t be seen and found out and punished. 

If we only knew that our loving Father is merciful and full of grace and accepts us when we disobey, we would run straight into his arms, not away from them.

That’s something to think about today. 


Are we just hearing the “sound” of God walking in the garden, or are we actually walking with him? 

No comments:

Post a Comment