Sunday, May 22, 2016

Leave

Proverbs 14:7 

Leave the presence of a fool, Or you will not discern words of knowledge.
Don’t you love Proverbs’ direct voice? I do.

Most of the verses I’ve been sharing have to do with the presence of the Lord.  but here we have a strong directive that if we stay in the presence of a fool (a person who acts unwisely – because Proverbs is all about getting wisdom) we will completely miss out on knowledge.

Who we hang with, converse with, and do life with affects our actions and our hearts.  It’s hard to hear words of direction, comfort, and knowledge when words of folly, stupidity, and lies are screaming in our ears.

I know that if I go very many days without “hearing” the Word – the truth – because I’ve been tuning in to other voices full of speculation and fear – my discernment starts to wane. I am unable to distinguish between what I feel and what I know, that always leads to trouble.

Don’t dwell in the presence of fools.  

Seek out wisdom in his Word and live in His presence.


No comments:

Post a Comment