Thursday, May 12, 2016

The Table

Psalm 23:5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows.

I recently studied prayer and all that is produces, when it’s effective.  One of the things I desired was to find out how to eat at His table right in the presence of enemies like fear. 

Fear is one of the worst enemies we have, I think.  Fear cripples, it zaps our joy, and it whispers lies constantly – it is NO friend of mine – yet it shows up uninvited on a daily basis.

However, God has this table, this huge spread of abundance, right in this green meadow where he invites me to come and sit – even with the darkness of the forest surrounding me. 

He set boundaries in creation when he made the earth, so it’s no big deal for him to set boundaries where the darkness cannot cross over into the light, where the table sits.

I’m going to take a seat there right now. 

Won’t you join me?


No comments:

Post a Comment