Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Against It

Isaiah 7:8 For Jerusalem has stumbled and Judah has fallen, Because their speech and their actions are against the Lord, To rebel against His glorious presence.


Stumbled and fallen…have you been there?  I have.  I stumbled in my faith when I didn’t understand God and his ways, and I criticized them.  I fell away when I started to believe lies about his goodness and wavered in my stance of faith in his justice.

And then I rebel.  Against his glorious presence.

That’s when we get into trouble, when we raise a fist stating our ways are better than his, our understanding is necessary to believe, and our goodness deserves answers we demand.

That sort of attitude arises sometimes, but when we choose to hang on to it, it’s rebellion.  And rebellion leads to a stumble and a fall…away from the presence of the Holy God.

In fact, here we read that his presence is glorious (worthy of admiration).

I know that sometimes I need to just sit in his presence, at his feet, lay back against him, and be still – even when the storm is raging around me – and find that HE indeed is enough.

Fists go down, mouth closes, and heart repents.

And rest overtakes me…


No comments:

Post a Comment