Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Why?

Psalm 42:5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.

This same verse is repeated several times in a couple of chapters.  I wonder why…

I think it takes many repeats of telling ourselves something before we believe it.  And it takes telling ourselves out loud, talking to our soul, in order for our soul to respond.

It might be a good idea today to speak to yourself.  Ask yourself why you’re so down and disturbed?  Then think about the answer.  It may be a loss of a job, a friendship that has ended, a scary diagnosis, a death of a friend, or worse…and you have every “right” to be down and disturbed.

But there is an important word in the next sentence… “PUT”

Our souls will stay down where we’ve placed them when we have sunk into despair, until we choose to look up and place them elsewhere.

He’s waiting with hands wide open for us to put our hope in Him, and he will not disappoint.


No comments:

Post a Comment