Sunday, July 19, 2015

Where's Your Hope?

Psalm 33:17, 18 says A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save. But the eyes of the Lord are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love…

I don’t have a horse, but I have friends who do.  And if I had one, I think I’d feel like I had a strong friend who could carry me away from trouble if I needed him to.  In fact, horses are depicted in movies as doing just that – from the old westerns to modern day romances – horses draw carriages and pull couples out for a night on the town – and horses flee with a rider to rescue him from trouble.

However…horses cannot save.  In fact, nothing we own, control, or have as part of possessions can save us. 

The One who can save us is the Lord.

His eyes are ever on us and our hope is in his love that never fails.

Yes, God has eyes in the back of his head just like our moms told us they had, when we were kids.  But our moms’ eyes closed at night to sleep.  God never slumbers.

And the only place where we should place our hope is in someone who loves us without fail – every morning – and that’s God.


Where’s your hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment