Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Where is Hope?

Job 17 finds Job asking questions again…

If the only home I hope for is the grave, if I spread out my bed in the realm of darkness,
if I say to corruption, ‘You are my father,’  and to the worm, ‘My mother’ or ‘My sister,’
where then is my hope—who can see any hope for me?


This is one of those “if/then” statements I love in the Bible, again.

If we have given up hope and want to die, if we have chosen to lie down in the darkness of despair, and we have succumbed to the “family” of corruption in our lives….what hope do we then have?

There is a time to shake ourselves out of the miserable thoughts that crowd our mind.

Thoughts of the grave, darkness, and corruption are nothing but lies.  Why?  Because that is not the hope or the truth of the believer.

He has conquered the grave, he has brought us out of darkness, and righteousness, peace and joy are ours in Him.  That’s the truth.  That’s what our thoughts should be.

We can take control of our minds by training them to think on the truth and not on lies.

And if we don’t? We won’t be able to see any hope at all.


No comments:

Post a Comment