Thursday, July 2, 2015

His Nostrils

II Samuel 22 says Then the channels of the sea appeared, The foundations of the world were laid bare By the rebuke of the Lord, At the blast of the breath of His nostrils.
Here we have some great imagery of the greatness of the God we serve.
He commands the sea to appear, to part, or to disappear altogether and they do.  Can you imagine him towering above all of creation and breathing fully and causing all of creation to respond to that breath!
It only takes one blast of his nostrils to move the earth and the sea.
His breath, then, is something we should desire.  His ability and power to breathe and have everything around him respond to that breath. 
I don’t know about you, but I don’t like someone near me breathing down my neck – it’s hot, it might not smell so good, and it feels wet and nasty.
However, God’s breath is not like that.  I imagine it’s like a cool breeze at times, or a strong tornado at other times, depending on the need at the moment.  It’s a welcome breath of fresh air in the heat of the evening, and it’s a torrent of hot heat when there are obstacles in our way – and he melts them.
I love the blast of the breath of His nostrils!
Because I belong to Him and he will rebuke even the lands and the sea for me, when I cry out to him in trouble.


No comments:

Post a Comment