Friday, July 24, 2015

More Hope

Proverbs 26 and 29 asks a couple of sobering questions:

Do you see a person wise in their own eyes? There is more hope for a fool than for them.
Do you see someone who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for them.

There have been times when I’ve been wise in my own eyes, going about securing my future, establishing my career, making my mark…all to look good in the eyes of others.  And then all of that crumbled.

There have been times when I’ve spoken in haste and wished I cold retract what I said, but I could not because words go out but don’t come in…and the damage is done.

There is no hope for a life lived being wise in our own eyes or speaking in haste everything that comes to mind.  Destruction lies in the path of those who live that way.

Our wisdom (remember the honey from yesterday?) must be from above – pure and gentle and sweet.

Our words must be spoken thoughtfully, in love, with hesitation as we think before we speak.

Want hope?

Let go of your own wisdom and sputtering tongue, and taste his honey and speak his love…


No comments:

Post a Comment