Monday, July 20, 2015

What Are You Looking For?

Psalm 39:7 But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you.

On restless days sometimes, I look for something to do that’s fun, fulfilling and exciting.  And oftentimes, after I do that “something” I feel disappointed, unfulfilled and restless again.

Other days I look for peace when I feel turmoil, and I look here, out there, and all around to find something to quiet my soul.

And still other times, I look for joy in the mundane, in the routine, in the blah-ness of the week. And it seems elusive, like a butterfly that never sits still long enough for a photo.

But this verse asks a question and then answers it.

What am I looking for?

All of the above and everything else is need is found in Him.  It’s in his word, his truth, and in His presence.

He is with me, and he is with you, today.  He is what you’re looking for.


No comments:

Post a Comment