Friday, November 8, 2013

Set Free

I saw a quote on a movie poster that said something like,

Maybe we shouldn't ask so much why we were imprisoned,
but why it is that we are set free.

I thought that was an interesting quote, and it made me think about our lives as Christians.  Many of us spend our lives wondering why God "allowed" all of the bad things that happened to us and trying to figure it all out, instead of looking forward and giving thanks for our freedom and finding out what why it is that we are now free.

God has freed us from sin, from our past, and from all that chained us...so it would be a good thing to move on now and consider what to do with our freedom.

We can pray for those still enslaved.
We can do something to help free those that we can.
We teach others how to keep from being chained down in fear.

Luke 4 says it like this:

“The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind,to set the oppressed free..."

No comments:

Post a Comment