Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Every Time

Philippians 1 says,  I thank my God every time I remember you.  In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy.

What if each day until Christmas we give thanks for someone we remember?  

We could start with our parents, and remember and give thanks for the things they did for us and taught us.

Next, we might thank God for a teacher who had great influence in our lives.

Thanking him for a boss or a co-worker might be next on our list, someone who has blessed us with kindness or a promotion.

We might even give thanks for a stranger who motioned to let us enter the traffic ahead of him, smiling as he waved.

And what about the babies in the world who bring us so much joy with their infectious smiles?

This verse says that Paul thanked God every time he remembered this certain person, and then he prayed for them.

What a great practice and ritual to begin…and never end!


No comments:

Post a Comment