Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Where are you?


Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, “Where are you?”

After Adam and Eve sinned, God came looking for them.  He knew their fellowship had been broken.

Sometimes I wake up in the morning, and I feel and hear God looking for me.  Sometimes I get busy and never take time to sit with Him. Other times, I feel I don’t have time, so I ignore him until later in the day.  But then...eventually...I sit down and listen.

I used to think God only wanted to be with me to scold me, tell me something hard to do, or lay heavy burdens on my shoulders. 

God enjoys us.  He created us for His pleasure.  And when we have sinned, he still comes looking for us.  He always pursues.

Because of Jesus, you are not banished from fellowship with Him.  Instead, you are covered and invited to sit a while for a visit from Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment