Thursday, May 9, 2013

"The" Joy

Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.

My son is getting married in a few weeks, and it's my last child to leave the house.  He's the joy of my life - or at least he's "a" joy.  And you can bet I'm grieving. It's hard on a mom - i'm sure some of you know!

However, as much as I love having him here, I wouldn't keep him here.  He's headed off to a life with the most wonderful woman I could ever have asked for! So to keep him at home wouldn't even be logical, nor good!

So I am leaning on the "the" joy of my life - the Lord.  And as I'm leaning on Him, in my times of weakness, I'm finding Him to be my strength.

If you're grieving for whatever reason, because "a" joy of your life has left or is going, look toward THE joy - Jesus.  He'll be your strength when you feel like your legs are wobbly, your heart is sinking, and your stomach is knotting.

Crying and weeping may last for the night.  But you know - Joy comes in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment