Saturday, May 18, 2013

Higher



For you make me glad by your deeds, Lord; I sing for joy at what your hands have done. How great are your works, Lord, how profound your thoughts!

What deeds as the Lord done for you?  Recall them.  List them.  Remember them.  Share them with your children. Sing about them. Thank the Lord for them.

This discipline, where we recall all of God’s blessings in our lives, is the foundation for a grateful heart.  Even in the worst of times, we can recall God’s faithfulness to us in so many ways.

What profound thoughts does the Lord have?  The Bible says His thoughts area way above ours, much higher.  This means when we think, “I can’t take any more, why is this happening to me?” He is thinking, “My grace is enough for you. Put your trust in Me and I will direct your path.”

For every foul thought we have, He has a multitude of greater thoughts that surpass our understanding.

Sing for joy today at what God has done in your life, and take a rest from your own thoughts and let Him share with you His higher thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment