Saturday, May 25, 2013

No Condemnation

Sometimes you're just too tired to think, read the Bible, or pray...even though you know you need it for strength.  Today is one of those days for me. So I look on line at my favorite bible website and read the verse of the day there:

For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:17 NIV

I love God's character, and the fact that he does not condemn...but rather saves....is one thing that brings me comfort and hope every day.

If I'm tired or worn out and can't lift my head to study or pray effectively, He doesn't condemn me.  He knows me, and he know my heart.  He knows my flesh when its tired.  And He loves me just the same.

That truth is enough to bring me restful sleep tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment