Monday, May 13, 2013

Leaping Heart


Psalm 28 Praise be to the Lord, for he has heard my cry for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy,
and with my song I praise him.

Has your heart ever leaped for joy?  I can maybe count on one hand the number of times I’ve felt such an emotion.  When my babies were handed to me, when my husband looks at me across a crowded room and winks, and maybe when I get on the plane for vacation.  

Those things are great, but there is an even greater reason to experience a leaping heart.

Jesus hears our cry for mercy!  He is strong when we are weak, and he shields us from evil.  Not only that, but He’s trustworthy and rescues us in time of need.

That is cause for leaping!  

When we have truly experienced our heartfelt need for a Savior and he reveals His character to us, our hearts will leap – beat hard in our chest – for joy that One like He could love One like We.

No comments:

Post a Comment