Friday, May 17, 2013

Abounding



Psalm 86:4, 5 says, Bring joy to your servant, Lord, for I put my trust in you.
You, Lord, are forgiving and good, abounding in love to all who call to You.

Lovely verse!  

It’s okay to pray for joy to come.  And it’s good to place your trust in the Joy Giver to bring it to you. 

We once had a Christmas welcome mat that said “JOY” on it.  Every time I entered and left my home I saw this three-letter word and it reminded me to pray for joy to run rampant in my house. 

Once the writer asks for joy, he then turns to the Lord and praises Him for his forgiveness, his goodness and his love. 

And guess what?  Those three things “abound,” wrapped up in his love, to ALL who call to Him.  That means they exist in large amounts!

It’s good to remind ourselves that our trust is in a higher power than our own, and from Him come all good things – including joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment