Friday, June 17, 2016

The Hate List


Proverbs 6 There are six things which the Lord hates, Yes, seven which are an abomination to Him: Haughty eyes, a lying tongue, And hands that shed innocent blood,

A heart that devises wicked plans, Feet that run rapidly to evil, A false witness who utters lies, And one who spreads strife among brothers.


I’ve always wondered why these six things, how did these specifically make God’s hate list?
It’s interesting that they all have to do with our senses or the parts of our body that we use to move and live.

Eyes, tongue, hands, heart, feet – then the tongue again.

Three times the tongue is mentioned – when we lie, spread lies and cause strife with our lies.

If we just work on this one thing, we can accomplish a lot, because it’s an evil heart that causes the tongue to do these evil things, to send our feet out towards evil, or to prompt our hands to harm.

Out of our hearts our mouths speak.

Where are our hearts focused and turned, and to whom do they belong? 

When I let out an ugly comment, I immediately know what’s in my heart, and it’s usually judgment, hurt, or believing a lie about myself or the person to whom I’m talking.

Our hearts are deceptively wicked and they absolutely are connected to our tongues.


I don’t want any part of my body to among the things on God’s hate list, do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment