Wednesday, June 29, 2016

His Ears

II Samuel 2:27 starts off our next group of devos on ears:

In my distress I called upon the Lord, Yes, I cried to my God; And from His temple He heard my voice, And my cry for help came into His ears.

What a verse to start out with!

When we are in distress and call upon our God, when we cry out, he hears.

Haven’t you ever yelled at your kids (or your spouse) and accused them of not listening?  I have.  They hear but they don’t listen, because they’re preoccupied, tune us out, or just aren’t interested in what we have to say.  And that sort of response is not validating one bit.

However, we are going to start off with a truth – that God hears our pleas for help.  And when He hears he goes to work at responding in His way, in His time – not ours.

That’s the rub, the rub we don’t like.

However, God doesn’t answer us like man does – with whatever we want to hear, or give us an answer but then no action, or give us the wrong answer altogether – he answers and solves our problems.

Isn’t that what we want?


God hears.  His ears are never deaf.  And his heart is always connected to what he hears.

No comments:

Post a Comment