Sunday, June 12, 2016

I Will

Psalm 101: I will walk within my house in the integrity of my heart.  I will set no worthless thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not fasten its grip on me. A perverse heart shall depart from me; I will know no evil.

These are some pretty amazing declarations, aren’t they?  But there are times when we need to state our intentions regarding how we will walk, how our family will walk, and what we will do in this crazy world in which we live.

I will walk with integrity.
I will not look at worthless stuff.
I won’t be pulled away and taken hold of by stuff.
I will shun evil.

Those are hard to uphold when we are constantly bombarded with stuff, the desire to attain and acquire stuff, to get stuff at any cost, and to hold onto stuff as our value and our worth, and to follow after stuff.

Did you get tired of reading the word “stuff?”  I did too, because it’s worthless.

Sometimes, it’s a good thing to take stock of our lives and what we value and run after . And then together as a family, it’s a good thing to reevaluate and redirect.


No comments:

Post a Comment