Thursday, June 23, 2016

Closed Eyes or Open?

Acts 28 says For the heart of this people has become dull,
And with their ears they scarcely hear,
And they have closed their eyes;
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
And hear with their ears,
And understand with their heart and return,
And I would heal them.


Once I’ve seen something with my eyes, it’s not likely that I will forget it.  I know that even in movies (which I see a lot of), there are certain scenes that are forever etched into my memory because I saw them with  my eyes.

Once our eyes are opened to the things and character of God (his love, mercy, holiness, etc.) we then are responsible to do something with that which we have seen.  If a crime is committed and we didn’t see it, then that’s one thing.  But if we see it and say nothing, that’s another. 

When we pray for our eyes to be opened and we then realize and see and experience Him, there’s no going back.  We then want to run toward all that He has for us and for others, because there are powerful effects that take place once the eyes have seen.

Lord, open our eyes so that we understand, return, and are healed…and then we can lead others to receive the same healing we have experienced.


No comments:

Post a Comment