Saturday, July 26, 2014

Two Questions

Psalm 27 says, The Lord is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear? The Lord is the defense of my life; Whom shall I dread?

I love this chapter.  I like to see the two statements as bookends, and the questions held in between.

If I know that God is my light and my Savior….and I acknowledge that he is my defense of everything that might come against me in this life….

Then the questions of whom shall I fear and whom shall I dread will be answered with a loud, resounding,

“Nothing, and No One!”

We can choose to fear and live in dread, wondering if God will save us or defend us.

Or we can know that God will save us and defend us, and fear and dread will stay in their place – as just as question and nothing else.  Those questions will be held in check in their place and not in our hearts.


Trust in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment