Thursday, July 24, 2014

Loving Kindness

July 25
Psalm 13 says, And my enemy will say, “I have overcome him,” And my adversaries will rejoice when I am shaken. But I have trusted in Your loving kindness; My heart shall rejoice in Your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord, Because He has dealt bountifully with me.

There are times when we hear and feel as though we’ve been shaken and overcome.  But we have to make the choice to believe and trust in God’s loving kindness.

I know many people who are kind.  And even with the kindest of intentions, people fail and mess up.  They don’t know the outcome of their actions, they can’t see into the future, they don’t know our hearts and what makes us tick; so even when they are the most kind they can be, we can still suffer.  

For example, a parent who loves us with all they know how to love can be kind and give us everything money can buy, but that money won’t sustain us when we hear bad news.

God’s kindness isn’t like the kindness our friends show us.  His kindness is loving kindness.  And his love is the kind of love that sees us for who we were created to be – in his image – for his glory.  And that which he performs on our behalf is all geared toward that end.  

His kindness is perfect, loving, and produces a good outcome – always.

When you feel overcome and shaken, trust in His loving kindness and rejoice.


The outcome will be that you experience his bounty.

No comments:

Post a Comment