Thursday, July 10, 2014

Picture Perfect

Psalm 61:
Hear my cry, O God;
Give heed to my prayer.
From the end of the earth I call to You when my heart is faint;
Lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
For You have been a refuge for me,
A tower of strength against the enemy.
Let me dwell in Your tent forever;
Let me take refuge in the shelter of Your wings. 


Look at the imagery in these verses: 

a huge rock higher than you, a rock with a cave that hides you and is a place of refuge, and then just past that – a strong tower where you can run for safety when being pursued – and just below that – a tent where you can sleep at night away from all harm – and finally – wings that spread out over you for guidance and protection.

I’d like to paint that picture, if I knew how. But imagine a landscape full of big rocks, caves, towers, tents and then wings covering the entire place.  Don’t you want to live there?

You can, when you pray and acknowledge that God is all of these things for you…and more.


Today…when your heart is faint…ask to be lead by God to one of these places of protection and shelter.

No comments:

Post a Comment