Saturday, July 5, 2014

At War

In I Chronicles 5, some valiant men who were skillful in battle went to war.

They were helped against them, and the Hagrites and all who were with them were given into their hand; for they cried out to God in the battle, and He answered their prayers because they trusted in Him… For many fell slain, because the war was of God.

I’ve felt as though I was in a war.  Haven’t you?  And sometimes the war I’m in is self-imposed because I’ve sinned or believed lies that have beaten me down until I’m in retreat mode. 

But notice this scenario with these men.  They are in a war that was of God.  

What?

God sent them into battle and therefore, when they cried out, He answered their prayers – because they trusted in Him.

Sometimes God sends us into battle, but we’re never alone, and we are not sent in to die – we’re sent in to win.  And when God sends us into battle, he trains our hands to war.

There are enemies out there that want to destroy us, and sometimes God sends us in, in His power, and by His name, to destroy them.

Today…pray and ask God for strength, trust in Him, and watch the enemies fall.


No comments:

Post a Comment