Monday, July 7, 2014

In the Morning

Psalm 5 says,
Give ear to my words, O Lord, Consider my groaning. Heed to the sound of my cry for help, my King and my God, For to You I pray. In the morning, O Lord, You will hear my voice; In the morning I will order my prayer to You and eagerly watch.

I love this!

This prayer is prayed in the morning.  It’s a plea for help.

Sometimes we go through an entire day without acknowledging our need for God or asking him for anything, until the end of a bad day full of mishaps, at which time we collapse onto the sofa and sigh, wondering, “Where are you, God?”

If we remember to pray in the morning, then we have the opportunity and privilege of “eagerly” watching for the answer throughout the day.  But if we fail to look up in the morning, we may not see or realize God’s love that he pours on us minute…by minute.

Mornings are busy at my house.  Very often, I’m up and running within minutes after my eyes open.  And many times I race around without asking and receiving His help, which makes for a tiresome, long day.

When I choose to stop and look up, voice my petitions and praise, it causes me, and reminds me, to expect an answer to come.

Today…start off with a prayer…and end the day with a praise.


No comments:

Post a Comment