Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Blessed We Are

Psalm 84 For the Lord God is a sun and shield; The Lord gives grace and glory;
No good thing does He withhold from those who walk uprightly. O Lord of hosts, How blessed is the man who trusts in You!


Do we really believe that God does not withhold any good thing from us?

I don’t think I do, sometimes.  My finite mind doesn’t understand his ways, and I find myself wandering off into believing that God is somehow mad at me, doesn’t want me to prosper, or enjoys inflicting pain on people.  

That is the farthest thought from the truth.

God isn’t shadowy, like we are – good one day and bad the next – dependable today and aloof tomorrow.

He is good.

He is a giver. Of all good things.

He is the Lord.

What he does is good.


And we are blessed when we believe and trust in his goodness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment