Monday, January 6, 2014

No Disappointment


Isaiah 49:23 Then you will know that I am the Lord; those who hope in me will not be disappointed.

Have you ever been disappointed?  I know I have.  And most of the time it’s people and circumstances that disappoint.  However, there are times when I’ve been disappointed in God.  But this verse says if I really know the Lord and place my hope in him I will not be disappointed.

So what happened those times when I was disappointed in Him?  My hope was misplaced, most certainly.

When we are toddlers, we hope that our dads will give us candy and toys.  So when he instead offers us vegetables and sends us to school, we can be disappointed…until we mature.

The times when I’ve been disappointed in God are times when I’ve reverted back to toddler-hood.  It’s when I’ve shaken my fist at him because I didn’t get what I wanted or thought I deserved, or when I was given something I didn’t at all want and thought he didn’t care.

Placing our hope in the Lord is a process over time of letting go of our hopes and dreams and relaxing into His plans.  For sure there will be battles and wounds and losses, but as we hold His hand we can be confident that he never allows anything to come our way except He turns it around for good.

If you’re disappointed in Him and your perception of his inattention or silence in your darkest of times, remember to place your hope in the truth of who he is – the sovereign Lord and Father who made you, knows you, and cares for you in the very BEST of ways.


You will NOT be disappointed when you get to really know HIM.

No comments:

Post a Comment