Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hope in the Word

Psalm 130 says I wait for the Lord, my whole being waits, and in his word I put my hope.
Where are you placing your hope? 

There are many verses in the Bible that remind us to place our hope in his Word.

I’ve been disappointed by the words of others, when they fail to come through on promises, when their words are harsh and unkind, or when words of affirmation that I need to hear are never spoken.  If my hope is only in the words of others, I will be in a constant state of despair, because words come and go – depending on the mood of those who speak them.

However, the word of God is true, solid, sure, and everlasting.  His words will always come through because God never fails, his words are always 
comforting and sweet (even in discipline) because he loves me, and his words are nothing but affirming – because God has made me in his image and desires a relationship with me like none other.


Put your hope in his Word while you wait…

No comments:

Post a Comment