Friday, January 31, 2014

Always

I Corinthians 13:7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

As I read this chapter that I’ve read so many times over again, I realize how incredible the love of God is.  He is the definition of love, and He lives in me, so I am able to love as well.

What are we supposed to protect when we love?  I believe it’s the reputation and integrity of our neighbor.

How are we supposed to trust another human?  I believe we trust God to take care of their shortcomings, and we love them anyway.

In what or whom are we to place our hope?  In God and him alone.

When we’re weary, how can we possibly persevere?  Through faith, in the middle of suffering.


I’ve got a long ways to go to love perfectly, like Christ loves me.  God is love.  And God lives in me.  And greater is He who lives in me than he that is in the world.  That is my hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment