Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Whatever...

Colossians 3:17
Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

This is a power-packed, sobering, verse isn’t it? 

Everything we do – in our language and in our actions – we need to do in his name – giving thanks.

This means that what we say, which comes out of our heart, needs to be filtered through thanksgiving to Jesus.

This means that what we do, those actions that speak louder than words, must be done in his name, for his glory.

When we speak and do in this manner, others are blessed, and we don’t have to apologize later for wrongdoing and hurt feelings.

My own issue is that I often don’t stop and think, and pause, before I speak and do.  That requires listening and obeying, two things that we want to ignore when we’re reacting out of impulse or retaliation.

Dear Lord, help me to pause and consider my words and deeds this Thanksgiving season, so that I learn to give thanks, and bless instead of curse.


No comments:

Post a Comment