Friday, November 11, 2016

Coming Down

James 1:17
LOVE THIS VERSE!

Every good thing given and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shifting shadow.

I like to imagine standing outside in the dark of night, no moon or stars in sight, and all of a sudden little white flecks of snow start falling all around me.  They are intricately made, light and feathery, and some fall into my mouth because it’s open wide to taste.  Eventually, there are so many of the white flakes they start to illuminate the night, and I realize I’m covered with a warm coat and gloves, and a hat to keep my head warm, and I’m called to come and play, to build, to call out my neighbors, to romp and play and enjoy the goodness of this gift in the night.

You may have a different imagination of the good gifts coming from above.

But every good thing and perfect thing is from Him – the “Father of lights.”

I love that phrase.  He never leaves us in darkness or leaves us alone, he’s always a good father, lighting our path and holding our hand.

Look up.
Wait for his goodness to fall.
Give thanks.

Enjoy Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment