Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Through One

Continuing with the next two verses after yesterday’s verse…Romans…

So then as through one transgression there resulted condemnation to all men, even so through one act of righteousness there resulted justification of life to all men. For as through the one man’s disobedience the many were made sinners, even so through the obedience of the One the many will be made righteous.

What a powerful act one can have.  Could it be that one sin we commit, one lie we tell, one omission of kindness, one foul word, one mean retaliation…could affect a whole generation after us…and after them? I believe it can.

But equally so, one right thing, one act of love, one timely word of encouragement, one turning of the other cheek, and one heart with Him can also affect those after us and so on and so on.

The power of one…it’s amazing and daunting, isn’t it?

I want to think about this, this Christmas season, when I think about giving and then don’t.  Or when I think about someone and don’t tell them how much I love them. Or when I decide to say this or that to someone I love. 

One act.
One word.
One obedience.
One disobedience.

One matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment