Sunday, November 27, 2016

One Heart

Acts 4:26 And the congregation of those who believed were of one heart and soul; and not one of them claimed that anything belonging to him was his own, but all things were common property to them.

The title above this verse where I read it was “Sharing among the believers.”  This was a result of a group of people being one.

I’ve often thought that churches wouldn’t need to ask for tithes or pass the offering plate if we were all one. We’d be keenly aware of each other’s needs and we wouldn’t hesitate to share what we have with those who don’t have.  And it would all be because we stake no “claim” on the blessings we’ve been given.

I don’t know how to make that sort of attitude happen again.  But I do know that holding all things loosely, so that when we’re asked to share them we do, is a good way to live.

Being of one heart and soul releases our grip on the things that own us, so that we then don’t own them, and they flow freely among our family of believers.

I haven’t seen this in action continually, but I’ve seen it happen occasionally.

With Christmas around the corner, I love how that season and holiday alone spark this kind of generous giving in people all over the world, and how fun it is to give and to share…and to also receive.


No comments:

Post a Comment