Tuesday, November 15, 2016

One Heart

Ezekiel 11:19  And I will give them one heart, and put a new spirit within them. And I will take the heart of stone out of their flesh and give them a heart of flesh, that they may walk in My statutes and keep My ordinances and do them. Then they will be My people, and I shall be their God.
Here we are told what kind of heart will be given to us in order to make us one, when we follow God.
He takes the heart of stone and gives us a heart of flesh.
Stones are hard, cold, and dead.  They are not easily moved, and when broken not easily restored.  And that’s the kind of hearts many of us have.
Instead, he offers us a heart of flesh. These hearts are pliable, tender, able to be moved and respond.  These are the hearts God gives us all when we follow his commands and directives.
When we don’t know him, we may be moved with compassion, but also hardened because of the pain we see, the lack of response from others, etc.  However, when we know him, we are moved with compassion to act, to love, and to extend mercy without judgment.
One heart.
That’s what he gives us.

A heart of flesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment